* [Caml-list] OCaml 4.10.1, release candidate
@ 2020-08-06 19:55 Florian Angeletti
0 siblings, 0 replies; 1+ messages in thread
From: Florian Angeletti @ 2020-08-06 19:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
Dear OCaml users,
Along with OCaml 4.11.0, a bugfix release of OCaml version 4.10.1 is
This new version is collection of safe configuration, build system
and runtime fixes cherry-picked from the 4.11 development cycle.
It should be completely safe to upgrade to this version from OCaml 4.10.0.
The source code is available at these addresses:
The compiler can also be installed as an OPAM switch with the following
$ opam update
$ opam switch create ocaml-variants.4.10.1+rc1
We want to know about any bugs. Please report them here:
Florian Angeletti for the OCaml team.
OCaml 4.10.1 changes
### Runtime system:
- #9344, #9368: Disable exception backtraces in bytecode programs
built with "-output-complete-exe". At the moment, such programs do
not embed debug information and exception backtraces where causing
them to crash.
(Jérémie Dimino, review by Nicolás Ojeda Bär)
### Build system:
- #9531: fix support for the BFD library on FreeBSD
(Hannes Mehnert, review by Gabriel Scherer and David Allsopp)
### Bug fixes:
- #9068, #9437: ocamlopt -output-complete-obj failure on FreeBSD 12
(Xavier Leroy, report by Hannes Mehnert, review by Sébastien Hinderer)
- #9165: Add missing -function-sections and -O3 flags in Makefiles.
(Greta Yorsh, review by David Allsopp)
- #9495: fix a bug where bytecode binaries compiled with
would not execute `at_exit` hooks at program termination (in particular,
output channels would not be flushed).
(Nicolás Ojeda Bär, review by David Allsopp)
- #9714, #9724: Use the C++ alignas keyword when compiling in C++ in MSVC.
Fixes a bug with MSVC C++ 2015 onwards.
(Antonin Décimo, review by David Allsopp and Xavier Leroy)
- #9736, #9749: Compaction must start in a heap where all free blocks are
blue, which was not the case with the best-fit allocator.
(Damien Doligez, report and review by Leo White)
- #9552: restore ocamloptp build and installation
(Florian Angeletti, review by David Allsopp and Xavier Leroy)
^ permalink raw reply [flat|nested] 1+ messages in thread
only message in thread, back to index
Thread overview: (only message) (download: mbox.gz / follow: Atom feed)
-- links below jump to the message on this page --
2020-08-06 19:55 [Caml-list] OCaml 4.10.1, release candidate Florian Angeletti
caml-list - the Caml user's mailing list
Archives are clonable: git clone --mirror https://inbox.ocaml.org/caml-list
AGPL code for this site: git clone https://public-inbox.org/ public-inbox