From: Jeremie Dimino <jdimino@janestreet.com>
To: caml users <caml-list@inria.fr>
Subject: [Caml-list] Call for Speakers: Build Meetup New York April 2020
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2020 08:45:43 +0000

Hi caml-list,

On April 7th and 8th, Jane Street, Bloomberg and Google will be
hosting a Build Meetup at the Jane Street offices in New York City.

As we begin shaping our schedule, we are reaching out to a number of
communities to find people who would like to participate in the event.
Speaker sign-ups are now live here:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdtOR-oAcxmxxYpkSpTPSbsrR_eLwza6plhyAkBGA6UrLK5xw/viewform

We are excited to announce that the keynote will be presented by the
authors of the research paper “From Laptop to Lambda: Outsourcing
Everyday Jobs to Thousands of Transient Functional Containers” which
examines the exciting possibilities for build through the use of cloud
functions [1].

The entire event will be themed around all things build and test:
Bazel, Buck, BuildStream, CMake, Dune, Goma, Pants, Recc and Remote
Execution. In addition to this, we are interested in the growing
surrounding ecosystems, such as editor integration and developer build
experience as a whole.

The meetup will run as follows: on day one, a series of talks will be
presented along with breakfast, lunch and refreshments. This will be
followed by an evening social at a nearby venue to continue the
discussions from throughout the day.

On the second day there will be an opportunity for broader community
collaboration and discussion during our all day code sprint.

We are looking for insightful and engaging talks and presentations on
topics focused around build systems. Have you worked tirelessly for
the past 6 months on a new feature for project foo you would like to
showcase? Have you and your team spent the last year integrating the
tool bar at your workplace? Do you have some comparisons to make
between qux and quux that the community could benefit from?
If so, we would love to hear from you!

We welcome proposals for talks across the entire ecosystem. Each talk
should ideally last 30 minutes, followed by time for questions.

Keep your eyes out for meetup registration information, which will be
sent separately over the next few weeks!

All the best,

Ed, Jeremie, Jakob and Sander

[1] http://stanford.edu/~sadjad/gg-paper.pdf