* [Caml-list] OCaml release 4.10.1
@ 2020-08-21 9:22 Florian Angeletti
0 siblings, 0 replies; 1+ messages in thread
From: Florian Angeletti @ 2020-08-21 9:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
Dear OCaml users,
We have the pleasure of celebrating the birthday of Augustin-Louis Cauchy
by announcing the release of OCaml version 4.10.1.
This release is a collection of safe bug fixes, cherry-picked from the
cycle. If you were using OCaml 4.10.0 and cannot yet upgrade to 4.11.0,
this release is for you.
See the list of changes below for more details.
It is (or soon will be) available as a set of OPAM switches,
and as a source download here: https://caml.inria.fr/pub/distrib/ocaml-4.10/
-- Florian Angeletti for the OCaml team.
OCaml 4.10.1 (20 August 2020)
### Runtime system:
- #9344, #9368: Disable exception backtraces in bytecode programs
built with "-output-complete-exe". At the moment, such programs do
not embed debug information and exception backtraces where causing
them to crash.
(Jérémie Dimino, review by Nicolás Ojeda Bär)
### Build system:
- #9531: fix support for the BFD library on FreeBSD
(Hannes Mehnert, review by Gabriel Scherer and David Allsopp)
### Bug fixes:
- #9068, #9437: ocamlopt -output-complete-obj failure on FreeBSD 12
(Xavier Leroy, report by Hannes Mehnert, review by Sébastien Hinderer)
- #9165, #9840: Add missing -function-sections flag in Makefiles.
(Greta Yorsh, review by David Allsopp)
- #9495: fix a bug where bytecode binaries compiled with
would not execute `at_exit` hooks at program termination (in particular,
output channels would not be flushed).
(Nicolás Ojeda Bär, review by David Allsopp)
- #9714, #9724: Use the C++ alignas keyword when compiling in C++ in MSVC.
Fixes a bug with MSVC C++ 2015 onwards.
(Antonin Décimo, review by David Allsopp and Xavier Leroy)
- #9736, #9749: Compaction must start in a heap where all free blocks are
blue, which was not the case with the best-fit allocator.
(Damien Doligez, report and review by Leo White)
- #9552: restore ocamloptp build and installation
(Florian Angeletti, review by David Allsopp and Xavier Leroy)
^ permalink raw reply [flat|nested] 1+ messages in thread
only message in thread, back to index
Thread overview: (only message) (download: mbox.gz / follow: Atom feed)
-- links below jump to the message on this page --
2020-08-21 9:22 [Caml-list] OCaml release 4.10.1 Florian Angeletti
caml-list - the Caml user's mailing list
Archives are clonable: git clone --mirror https://inbox.ocaml.org/caml-list
AGPL code for this site: git clone https://public-inbox.org/ public-inbox