From: Alan Schmitt <alan.schmitt@polytechnique.org>
To: "lwn" <lwn@lwn.net>, "cwn"  <cwn@lists.idyll.org>, caml-list@inria.fr
Subject: [Caml-list] Attn: Development Editor, Latest OCaml Weekly News
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2019 09:21:04 +0100

[-- Attachment #1.1.1: Type: text/plain, Size: 4145 bytes --]

Hello

Here is the latest OCaml Weekly News, for the week of December 03
to 10,
2019.

Table of Contents
─────────────────

Internships at Nomadic-labs
Interesting OCaml Articles
Next OUPS meetup December 18th 2019
Old CWN

Internships at Nomadic-labs
═══════════════════════════

  Archive:
  <https://discuss.ocaml.org/t/internship-at-nomadic-labs/4819>

Julien Tesson announced
───────────────────────

  Nomadic Labs is currently looking for students with an interest
  in
  functional programming for internships that would take place in
  our
  offices in Paris or Grenoble.

  We have a catalog of internships topics available at [1] The
  internships topics are mainly addressed to master student but
  other
  well motivated application will be considered.

  A first selection phase on received résumé will occur on
  december
  15th.  Please contact us at contact@nomadic-labs.com by
  specifying
  which topics in the catalog you're interested in.

  [1]: <https://nomadic-labs.com/download/internship_catalog.pdf>

  Please, feel free to redistribute widely.

Interesting OCaml Articles
══════════════════════════

  Archive:
  <https://discuss.ocaml.org/t/interesting-ocaml-articles/1867/57>

james woodyatt announced
────────────────────────

  Found on *Lobste.rs*: Mark Karpov writes yet another [Haskell
  vs. OCaml] for old time's sake. I found it worth a read and a
  mention
  here.

  p.s. He spends a bit of time in the intro lamenting the lack of
  conventional Unicode string library for OCaml, and I feel that
  pain
  acutely, especially since I'm the author of an *unconventional*
  one,
  i.e. the [Ucs_text] module in my [Orsetto] project.

[Haskell vs. OCaml]
<https://markkarpov.com/post/haskell-vs-ocaml.html>

[Ucs_text]
<https://bitbucket.org/jhw/orsetto/src/default/src/ucs/ucs_text.mli>

[Orsetto] <https://bitbucket.org/jhw/orsetto>

Next OUPS meetup December 18th 2019
═══════════════════════════════════

  Archive:
  <https://sympa.inria.fr/sympa/arc/caml-list/2019-12/msg00009.html>

Bruno Bernardo announced
────────────────────────

  The OUPS meetup is back. The next one will take place on
  Wednesday,
  December 18, 7pm at IRILL on the Jussieu campus. As usual, we
  will
  have a few talks, followed by pizzas and drinks.

  The talks will be the following:

  • Nathan Rebours, The future of OCaml-PPX

  • Guillaume Claret, coq-of-ocaml
    (<https://clarus.github.io/coq-of-ocaml/>)

  And possibly a third talk. Contact us if you want to present
  something, especially if you have a small project you want to
  show in
  10-15min.

  To register, or for more information, go here:
  <https://www.meetup.com/ocaml-paris/events/267019458>

  *Registration is required! Access is not guaranteed after 7pm if
  you're not registered.* (It also helps us to order the right
  amount of
  food.)

  Access map:
  IRILL - Université Pierre et Marie Curie (Paris VI)
  Barre 15-16 1er étage
  4 Place Jussieu
  75005 Paris
  <https://www.irill.org/pages/access.html>

Old CWN
═══════

  If you happen to miss a CWN, you can [send me a message] and
  I'll mail
  it to you, or go take a look at [the archive] or the [RSS feed
  of the
  archives].

  If you also wish to receive it every week by mail, you may
  subscribe
  [online].

  [Alan Schmitt]

[send me a message] <mailto:alan.schmitt@polytechnique.org>