* [Caml-list] Ackermann Award 2019: Final Call for Nominations
@ 2019-03-03 18:12 EACSL Mail-Account
0 siblings, 0 replies; 1+ messages in thread
From: EACSL Mail-Account @ 2019-03-03 18:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
ACKERMANN AWARD 2019 - THE EACSL OUTSTANDING DISSERTATION AWARD FOR
LOGIC IN COMPUTER SCIENCE
FINAL CALL FOR NOMINATIONS
Nominations are now invited for the 2019 Ackermann Award.
PhD dissertations in topics specified by the CSL and LICS
conferences, which were formally accepted as PhD theses at a
university or equivalent institution between 1.1.2017 and 31.12.2018
are eligible for nomination for the award. The deadline for submission
is 1 April 2019. Submission details follow below.
Nominations can be submitted from 1 January 2019 and should be sent
to the chair of the Jury, Thomas Schwentick, by e-mail: email@example.com
The 2019 Ackermann award will be presented to the recipient(s) at CSL
2020, the annual conference of the EACSL, 13-16 January 2020, in Barcelona.
The award consists of
* a certificate,
* an invitation to present the thesis at the CSL conference,
* the publication of the laudatio in the CSL proceedings,
* an invitation to the winner to publish the thesis in the FoLLI subseries of Springer LNCS, and
* financial support to attend the conference.
The jury is entitled to give the award to more (or less) than one
dissertation in a year.
The jury consists of:
* Christel Baier (TU Dresden);
* Michael Benedikt (Oxford University);
* Mikolaj Bojanczyk (University of Warsaw);
* Jean Goubault-Larrecq (ENS Paris-Saclay);
* Dexter Kozen (Cornell University);
* Dale Miller (INRIA and Ecole Polytechnique), ACM SigLog representative;
* Simona Ronchi Della Rocca (University of Torino), the vice-president of EACSL;
* Thomas Schwentick (TU Dortmund) , the president of EACSL.
How to submit
The candidate or his/her supervisor should submit
1. the thesis (ps or pdf file);
2. a detailed description (not longer than 20 pages) of the thesis
in ENGLISH (ps or pdf file);
3. a supporting letter by the PhD advisor and two supporting letters
by other senior researchers (in English);
supporting letters can also be sent directly to Thomas Schwentick
4. a short CV of the candidate;
5. a copy of the document asserting that the thesis was accepted as
a PhD thesis at a recognized University (or equivalent institution) and
that the candidate has received his/her PhD within the specified period.
The submission should be sent by e-mail as attachments to the chairman
of the jury, Thomas Schwentick:
With the following subject line and text:
* Subject: Ackermann Award 2019 Submission
* Text: Name of candidate, list of attachments
Submission can be sent via several e-mail messages. If this is the case,
please indicate it in the text.
^ permalink raw reply [flat|nested] 1+ messages in thread
only message in thread, back to index
Thread overview: (only message) (download: mbox.gz / follow: Atom feed)
-- links below jump to the message on this page --
2019-03-03 18:12 [Caml-list] Ackermann Award 2019: Final Call for Nominations EACSL Mail-Account
caml-list - the Caml user's mailing list
Archives are clonable: git clone --mirror https://inbox.ocaml.org/caml-list
AGPL code for this site: git clone https://public-inbox.org/ public-inbox