From: Helmut Brandl <helmut.brandl@gmx.net>
To: caml users <caml-list@inria.fr>
Subject: [Caml-list] Opam packages and CI
Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2019 13:14:01 -0500

Hello list,

I would like to run some continuous integration like travis ci on my opam package. Unfortunately ocaml is not supported directly by travis. But I have found the GitHub repository ocaml/ocaml-ci-scripts and some instructions on how to use it.

My questions:

- Is this a stable form on how to use travis with ocaml?

- Are there experiences and are they good?

- Why has this solution been chosen instead of integrating ocaml support directly into travis?

- Isn’t the solution an overkill, because it requires a complete opam and ocaml installation on the travis machines in order to test an opam package? Isn’t there the risk that travis might block this form of usage in the future?

- Is there a better method to use CI with ocaml?

Thanks
Helmut