From: orbifx <fox@orbitalfox.eu>
To: caml-list@inria.fr
Subject: Re: [Caml-list] Announcing Sek, an efficient implementation of sequences
Date: Sat, 4 Apr 2020 14:29:13 +0100

On 04/04/2020 14:17, Gabriel Scherer wrote:
> 1. gitlab.inria.fr <http://gitlab.inria.fr> makes it difficult for non-INRIA people to contribute (they cannot open a pull/merge request).

Only for those who don't know how to contribute without "opening" a pull request. Which is otherwise as simple as sending a message with: here is my repo URL, please pull; or here is my patch attachment.

> It is a mistake to use it for publicly-distributed software.

I think not. I find it positively refreshing to see something outwith Gitlab's dominance. So it's a matter of opinion.