From: Florian Angeletti <florian.angeletti@inria.fr>
To: caml-list@inria.fr
Subject: [Caml-list] OCaml 4.11.0, first alpha release
Date: Wed, 6 May 2020 15:15:54 +0200

Dear OCaml users,

The set of new features for the future version 4.11.0 of OCaml has been
frozen.
In the next few months, we are focusing on bug hunting and fixing.

For this release cycle, we have decided to test publishing regularly
alpha versions of OCaml 4.11.0 in order to help fellow hackers join us
early in our bug hunting and opam ecosystem fixing fun.
Once the opam ecosystem is in shape, these alpha releases will morph
into the usual beta and release candidate releases.

If you find any bugs, please report them here:
  https://github.com/ocaml/ocaml/issues

The compiler can be installed as an OPAM switch with one of the
following commands

opam switch create ocaml-variants.4.11.0+alpha1
--repositories=default,beta=git+https://github.com/ocaml/ocaml-beta-repository.git

or

opam switch create ocaml-variants.4.11.0+alpha1+<VARIANT>
--repositories=default,beta=git+https://github.com/ocaml/ocaml-beta-repository.git

where you replace <VARIANT> with one of these: afl, flambda, fp, fp+flambda

The source code for the alpha is also available at these addresses:

  https://github.com/ocaml/ocaml/archive/4.11.0+alpha1.tar.gz
  https://caml.inria.fr/pub/distrib/ocaml-4.11/ocaml-4.11.0+alpha1.tar.gz

If you are interested by the ongoing list of new features and fixed
bugs, the
updated change log for OCaml 4.11.0 is available at:

   https://github.com/ocaml/ocaml/blob/4.11/Changes

Happy hacking,
Florian Angeletti for the OCaml team.