* [Caml-list] Barry Cooper Prize - Call for Nominations
@ 2019-11-15 9:03 Gianluca Della Vedova
0 siblings, 0 replies; 1+ messages in thread
From: Gianluca Della Vedova @ 2019-11-15 9:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
To: AGDA, agents, Informatics Europe, ASL, caml-list, categories, cca-l, comlab, conferences, coq-club, dbworld, EASST, ecoop-info, finite-model-theory, fm-announcements, games, GraTra, ifmsig, ipalist, lfcs-interest, LICS, linear, listsbcci-l, logic, newsletter, nwpt-info, PetriNet, prog-lang, ProofTheory, rewriting-request, SIGSOFT-L, socinfo, theorem-provers, theory, theory-logic, theorynt, Types, types-announce, vki-list
A Call for Nominations for the S.Barry Cooper Prize is now open.
Nominations for the award should be submitted by email to the Award Committee Chair
Anuj Dawar (University of Cambridge)
Any emails and related messages should have the subject line starting with “S. Barry Cooper Prize 2020”.
To be considered, nominations for the 2020 Prize must be received by
17 January, 2020.
A nomination package should include:
1. A statement of motivation for awarding the prize to the nominee, including: the nominee’s outstanding results, their seminal and lasting theory building and/or exceptional service to the research communities, as the case may be.
These should be supported by at least one of
– A list of the most important publications, accompanied by a brief summary of the technical content of the papers and a brief explanation of their significance. Where possible, this should include pointers to online versions of the publications.
– A statement explaining the role played and the exceptional services rendered by the nominee, in the research communities involved in computability and related areas.
2. A support letter or letters signed by at least two members of the scientific community.
The nomination package must be in English, but it may include reference to publications in other languages.
The Award Committee is solely responsible for the selection of the winner of the award. All matters relating to the selection process that are not specified here are left to the discretion of the Award Committee, whose decision will be final.
^ permalink raw reply [flat|nested] 1+ messages in thread
only message in thread, back to index
Thread overview: (only message) (download: mbox.gz / follow: Atom feed)
-- links below jump to the message on this page --
2019-11-15 9:03 [Caml-list] Barry Cooper Prize - Call for Nominations Gianluca Della Vedova
caml-list - the Caml user's mailing list
Archives are clonable: git clone --mirror https://inbox.ocaml.org/caml-list
AGPL code for this site: git clone https://public-inbox.org/ public-inbox